Driver CPC – Taxi CPC Training
Under a European Union Directive, professional bus, coach and lorry drivers need to hold a Driver CPC in addition to a vocational driving licence. Any drivers of vehicles over 3.5 tonnes and minibuses with 9 seats or more must obtain a Driver CPC. Some exceptions apply.
New drivers obtain their Driver CPC by passing a series of initial qualification tests – theory and practical. This must then be followed by 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years if they want to keep their Driver CPC after that period.
TCTS Group Ltd Training Division is dedicated to working with you and your company to help implement the most practical, efficient and cost-effective way to provide Driver CPC training. As your Total Compliance Solutions partner we provide tailor made training solutions to suit your operation and drivers.
Some of our training courses are as follows:
- Use of Analogue Tachographs & Drivers Hours
- Use of Digital Tachographs & Drivers Hours
- Drivers’ Hours, Working Time and Record Keeping
- Management of Tachographs, Drivers Infringements & rectification
- Drivers Hours Graduated Fixed Penalties
- Professional Drivers
- Route Planning, Vehicle Weights & Measures
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Operator Licence Compliance
- Drivers Legal requirements
- Vulnerable Road Users
- Think Safety & SAFED driving techniques
- Driver Daily Walk Round Check & Defect Reporting
- Safe Urban Driving
Driver CPC training is 7.5 hours plus breaks.
We also provide modular courses which are 3.5 hrs.
Our courses can be provided on your premises if facilities are suitable can be completed at any time on any day to suit your operation. A Training Officer can visit your site FREE of charge to assess suitability.