Drivers Hours / Tachographs Training
This course has been designed to update professional drivers on the rules and regulations concerning drivers’ hours and working time. The course also outlines drivers’ responsibilities for accurately recording their activities when on duty and using a tachograph or timesheet.
- The Rules on Drivers’ Hours Regulation (EC) 561/2006
- GB/NI domestic rules
- Daily/weekly/fortnightly driving limits including driving breaks
- Daily and weekly rest requirements
- The Rules on Working Time
- Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005
- The Rules on Tachograph Usage Regulation (EC) 3821/85
- Drivers’ responsibilities in using analogue and digital tachographs
- Requirement to Carry sufficient records
- Correct use of the mode switch – Centerfield entries on analogue charts
- Explanation of different digital tachograph cards
- Understanding of digital vehicle unit (VU) records
- Logging in and out of digital VU – Making Manual entries on digital VU
- Producing legal Printouts – Replacing Print rolls
- Rules regarding downloading digital data
- Overview of Graduated Fixed Penalties
- Overview of Fines and convictions relating to driver’s hours and tachograph infringements
Course duration & Price
This course consists of 3 stages dependant on the level of training/use.
Stage 1 = 1 Day – Suitable for Drivers & Management (This can count as a Driver CPC)
Stage 2 = 3 Day – Suitable for Management and Compliance Staff
Stage 3 = 10 days – Suitable for Enforcement Agencies, Police Staff & Investigators
Price includes tuition and course materials.
Contact us for current price.
On completion of the course
All delegates successfully completing the course in full will be awarded with a
Certificate of Training. This course conforms with evidence of your CPD.