Counterbalance (Forklift) Training
Our Counterbalance Lift Truck (often referred to as a forklift) operator training course will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection, and explain the causes of truck and load instability. For our Moffit Mounty training please see our Material Handling Equipment Training section.
This course covers the following areas, although not limited:
- Classroom session regarding the operator’s legal obligations
- Pre-use checks & defect reporting
- Lift truck controls and instruments
- Starting-moving-stopping the truck
- Steering controls & principles
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Maneuvering in close proximity
- On/off ramp driving
- Vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking, Racking and un-racking
- Lift truck stability in several environments
- The operators’ and Health & safety code of safe operation
Course duration & Price (Max 4 people)
Refresher (recommended every 3 years) candidate -5 hours
Experienced (but untrained) candidate – 20 hours
Complete Novice candidate – 37 hours
4 people per day is the Maximum for a trainer therefore if you require larger numbers we can supply the appropriate number of trainers required.
Price includes tuition and course materials.
Contact us for current price.
On completion, of course
All delegates successfully completing the course in full will be awarded with a
Certificate of Operator Training. This course conforms with evidence of your CPD.