Operator Awareness Training
This course has been developed for 2 main reasons:
1: During many Public Inquiries that we have attended, the Transport Managers Professional Competence has been heavily questioned. Traffic Commissioners have asked to see evidence of Continuous Professional Development such as re-fresher training.
Legislation is continuously changing and therefore if you have obtained your Transport Manager CPC then it is recommended that you attend a refresher course every 3/5 year to ensure your knowledge is up to date.
2: What about the Restricted operator? They may not legally require a qualified TM but they do require a ‘Responsible Person’. This person will be expected to have the same level of knowledge as a qualified TM and evidence of CPD.
Also, what about the other staff that are involved in your Transport Operation? Planning staff, Logistic staff, Operational staff, Maintenance staff, Compliance staff? They are a main link in your chain and therefore specific, relevant training should be provided which in turn ensures your Operator Licence is protected.
How are our courses different?
Simple!! We have designed our course for the sole purpose of explaining in detail with practical guidance, what control measures, systems and procedures to put in place to ensure compliance with Operator’s Licence, Drivers Hours, Record Retention, Vehicle Construction and Use, Lighting, Weights & measures and Health & Safety legislation.
Specific, Relevant, Adequate, Practical advice & Guidance is delivered by former Enforcement Officers, Examiners & Investigators.
A Certificate of Achievement is issued following course completion, which provides evidence that attendees have taken positive steps to demonstrate their professionalism and continued development.
- Operator compliance requirements
- Undertakings of a licenced operator
- Responsibilities of a Transport Manager / Person Responsible for transport
- Operator premises
- Tachographs/Driver’s hours analysis & record retention
- Drivers’ hours and working time
- Driver Infringement reporting
- Vehicle Unit analysis & record retention
- Driver & Transport staff training requirements
- DCPC & Licence requirements, retention & reporting
- Maintenance – Schedules, records, rectification & premises
- Vehicle inspection – schedules, daily checks, records and defect reporting
- Corporate Manslaughter – Road Death Manual
- Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS) and enforcement issues
Course duration & Price
Option 1 – 1 day (a discounted rate can be applied for multiple delegates from the one company)
Option 2 – 3 days (a discounted rate can be applied for multiple delegates from the one company)
We provide this training at any of our training locations throughout the UK or Ireland or at your premises if required.
Maximum 14 delegates
Price includes tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments.
On completion of the course
All delegates successfully completing the course in full will be awarded a Certificate of Training.
This course conforms with evidence of your CPD.