Working at Height / MEWP Training
Our Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) course, or cherry picker as they are most commonly known, covers the following machines:
- Vehicle mounted, scissor,
These courses will give you the skills and ability required to safely and efficiently work at height.
- Introduction to the machine and its controls
- Machine stability
- Setting up your safe working area
- Working on the site conditions
- Risk assessments
- Environmental awareness
- Safe use of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Emergency ground return / lowering
- Correct and safe use of harnesses
- Weight assessment and distribution
- Pre-use inspection and defect reporting
- Preparing and securing the machine for transport
Course duration & Price
Novice candidate: 12 hours
Experienced (but untrained) candidate: 10 hours
Refresher (recommended every 3 years) candidate: 6.5 hours
Duration varies depending on equipment type and operator knowledge & experience.
Price includes tuition and course materials.
Contact us for current duration and price
On completion, of course
All delegates successfully completing the course in full will be awarded with a
Certificate of Operator Training. This course conforms with evidence of your CPD.